[TenTec] How well is a Scout on SSB?

Bwana Bob wb2vuf at verizon.net
Thu Jan 14 16:35:53 PST 2010

Ivin:

I find the Scout to be excellent on SSB. I always get good audio
reports. I use a dynamic mike, usually a Shure CM-14AE (controlled
magnetic reluctance) mobile mike or a Cobra mike with a generic dynamic
element.

With a decent antenna (by decent I mean a full size dipole even if its
low) you won't notice the difference between the Scout's 50 W and a 100
W rig.

The Scout frequency shift is not an issue on SSB.

The variable bandwidth IF filter works great on SSB during crowded band
conditions.

					73,

					Bob WB2VUF