[TenTec] Omni VI+ the best and other great radios

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Thu Jan 21 08:52:27 PST 2010

I use a Timewave DSP-599zx with an Omni VII, and it is
worth it to me.

Last Spring at Dayton, I purchased the West MountainRadio
CLRdsp noise reduction device, but have yet to deploy it,
as I have the Timewave DSP unit and have bee loathe to
take it off line.

I guess that means I am satisfied with it.    ;-)

Parenthetically, the West Mountain CLRdsp is very light weight,
and has a lousy paint job - finger prints show up on it so it
looks kinda disreputable once you have handled it a bit.

I will have to tear up the station and set up an
A/B side-by-side comparison.

Just MY take.   Your mileage, of course, might vary from mine.

On 1/21/2010 10:26 AM, Art Trampler wrote:

> Maybe I just need to pony up to a Timewave DSP599Z...has anyone
added that to a 564 or Option 3, and if so, was it worth it?