[TenTec] Corsair frequency display issue

g p n2wjw at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 21 17:52:18 PST 2010

Somehow I misunderstood and thought the jumper was inside the radio by the PTO. The VFO jumper in the back of the radio is there, I actually took it out and dabbed it with deoxit beore I put it back in, cleaned all connectors inside the rig, checked for loose components but the display still shows the MHZ 00. first digits off on a couplle of bands, the KHZ .000 are accurate on all bands. Radio is functional and as long as I know which band Im in Im ok with that. I will gather more information for a while before I decide to go any further, I've been recommended to check caps and diodes inside the enclosed VFO which I will do later on sometime and will post the results.

Thanks all for the help, Gil