[TenTec] RF in Ext. Speaker on Jupiter

John Serrette - K5ZU k5zu at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 22 07:16:01 PST 2010

Yesterday as I fired up the Jupiter and Heathkit SB-230 amp, I tuned the amp through a cantenna with no problems. When I tried to transmit in CW ... RF blared through the external speaker and also made the circuit in the amp relay stay in the key down mode. In order to stop the amp from a constant dead key, I had to turn the amp's selector switch to exciter only.

In the SSB mode, the amp relay DOES NOT Stick, however, RF continues to blare through the external speaker.

Has anyone else had this type of experience and if so, do you know a fix?

I am using a brand new AmpKeyer with this rig/amp combo and I had no problems until about 5 days after using it.  I checked all jumpers and everything appears to be ok.

Any help is appreciated!

John - K5ZU