[TenTec] Omni VI+ the best and other great radios

Gary Hoffman ghoffman at spacetech.com
Sun Jan 31 17:08:53 PST 2010

Perhaps....if one desires to use headphones.

I have my Timewave's output hooked to the input of a nice compact 50 watt
stereo audio amplifier, with matching speakers.

I can get all the volume I can possibly use, without driving the Timewave
hardly at all, nor driving the amp hardly at all.

All cables in and out of EVERYTHING are protected from RF.  I have no ground
loop issues.

Bottom line...it sounds great.  I use the NR mode when appropriate, the tone
elimination mode when appropriate, and the audio bandwidth
limiters virtually all the time.  That is especially handy on digital modes,
where even though several signals are unavoidably in the bandpass of the
radio, I can crank right down so I can only hear the one I care about.

I love my Timewave and would recommend it to anyone.

73 de Gary, AA2IZ