[TenTec] Off subject, but need some help.

Jim Brown K9YC k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Jul 2 08:30:21 PDT 2010

On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 11:23:10 -0400, Paul K. wrote:

>I have several pieces of equipment that needs repair.  I tried yesterday
>to do some testing and minor soldering and learned that 2 of the thing
>of youth have gone. 1. I can not see good enough to get into the
>components to put a probe on a test point, and 2. I tremble to the point
>if I could see the test point I couldn't hold my hand steady enough to
>keep the probe on it, or make a solder joint.

Are you a member of any local ham clubs? I'm a member of several here in CA,
and each of them has at least one guy who can help with things like this. We
help each other with lots of things, like antennas, computer interfacing,
finding parts, and figuring out problems. We also hang out for coffee, etc.
I'm no good with surface mount techniques, and guys have helped me with
that. You may be able to find local clubs through ARRL.

73, Jim K9YC