[TenTec] Off subject, but need some help. Troubleshooting rigs

Stuart Rohre rohre at arlut.utexas.edu
Fri Jul 2 12:28:55 PDT 2010

Paul,
The suggestion of a local ham club might work for you.   Or try a
vocational electronics school looking for projects for students.

For yourself, I find that a  high intensity halogen work light/ reading
light, makes the colors on resistors readable, and the test points
findable.  I sometimes have to rest a hand against a support or use the
other hand to steady a hand being used to solder.  Stay off the coffee
and caffeine drinks for a couple days before doing troubleshooting, and
it will help with the tremors.
If you can find a Boy Scout working on his radio merit badge, you could
teach him to be your eyes and hands and do the probing for you.
Good luck and 73,
Stuart Rohre
K5KVH