[TenTec] Hanging antennas Off topic

John Molenda brazos at rochester.rr.com
Sun Jul 25 21:20:11 PDT 2010

Hello all, I have been having trouble hanging wire antennas for a long time . I have tried sling shots , ball or rock on a line , spud gun with potatoes and tennis balls and all failed or took me hours upon hours to achieve minimal success .  I even went out and rented a man lift ,  can you believe the darn thing would not level off and therefore did not work .  I was ready to hang my self with that OCF antenna I bought !  Then it occurred to me I had not tried a bow and arrow yet so I did some research and found a product that I thought would work .  The kit I bought is from AMS bowfishing .  I paid 150 dollars at Gander mountain for it and had them install it on a new compound bow I got for my daughter . (she had been bugging me to get her one so she can start bow hunting )  I took it home read the directions because I have no experience with Archery, and gave it a try .  My first attempt was to lay the arrow into the V of a tree at about 75 feet , To my surprise and extreme pleasure I hit the darn sweet spot on the first try .  I continued to the other end with similar results .  The ease of use was surprising I figured the line would tangle and cause more aggravation Nope it has a great design that uses a plastic bottle to capture the 5/16 Dacron line (130 or 200 lbs. test )You just shot out ( came with 110' of line ) with out a hitch of any kind ! You can easily unscrew the plastic bottle and add more rope to the line if needed and is what I did .   The bow was a 50 lb. compound bow from Diamond and the kit looked very simple to attach I watched the local pro at the shop do the work .  A great product that just prevented me from buying a vertical .  John kb2huk