[TenTec] bug in firmware 2.043B, at least I think so

Rick Borken rickb at cpinternet.com
Fri Jun 4 14:54:46 PDT 2010

I am pretty sure I have found a bug in the new firmware release.

I use the four USER memories to store various parameters for different
modes. In particular, I use USER1, 2, 3 and 4 for CW, RTTY, SSB and PSK
respectively. For each mode, I use different values of BW. It appears that
the USER memories do not set the BW value to the setting stored in the
USER memory, but the BW value remains unchanged.

For example, I use USER1 for CW, and I stored a BW value of 100 Hz in USER1.
I use USER2 for RTTY, and I use a BW value of 250 Hz in USER2. But if I have
BW set to 100 HZ and push USER2, the BW value does not change to 250 HZ, but
it remains at 100 Hz. This is not the behavior I observed in earlier
releases.

73, Rick K0XB