[TenTec] R4030.....THANK YOU, JOHN.

al sirois alsirois at roadrunner.com
Sat Jun 12 07:22:46 PDT 2010

SATURDAY
AL SIROIS, n1mhc
East Boothbay, ME
N1mhc at arrl.net
Or
alsirois at roadrunner.com
=======================

-----Original Message-----
From: Henry, John [mailto:jhenry at tentec.com]
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2010 8:49 PM
To: tentec at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] R4030

There has been a lot of speculation on the reflectors on why TenTec is
marketing two 2-band QRP rigs when the original was a single 3 band
rig.

The reason for marketing two 2-band QRP rigs separately is that the
original 3 band rig was not at the quality level that it needed to be
for the three bands for TenTec to take on the sales and stand behind
it.
Therefore the hardware and software were modified so that two quality
2-band QRP rigs could be made. This cannot be undone. There is no way
to take either of the two 2-band rigs and make a single 3-band rig.

Our customers have been asking for quite some time now for us to get
back into the QRP business, and given the time it has taken for
various rigs including the OMNI-VII, resolve the Orion 2 issues, plan
the Orion 1 V2 update path, etc., all have monopolized several key
resources.
Therefore we opted to find a QRP rig that would meet TenTec
performance specifications, and stand behind it.
We feel that we have picked a very good QRP transceiver that we can
sell, service, and thus be able to provide to thousands of hams
something that they have been requesting at a price that was very
attractive, especially since there is a local company now standing
behind it.

We are listening to our customers, and we are working very hard at
providing them what they have been asking for.
So, just give us time, we are working hard on many things. TenTec is
not sleeping.

Thank you,
John Henry
TenTec Engineering