[TenTec] Orion 2 Firmware 2.044A PTT

Rsoifer at aol.com Rsoifer at aol.com
Sat Jun 12 10:04:35 PDT 2010

Ron, Jerry and all,

I remember a QST article in the mid 1950s that described a system called
"ultra modulation" that could produce positive peaks up to 200-300%.  It
wasn't legal for broadcasting, of course, but when I was at W1MX (1959-63),
Carl  Buhrer, now W1GNP, built one for the club station using a pair of 304THs
modulating our separate-band Class C amps (2x304TL).  It worked like a
champ.  Those were the days.

73 Ray W2RS

In a message dated 6/12/2010 4:31:08 P.M. GMT Standard Time, ronc at sonic.net