[TenTec] bugs in Orion firmware 2.044A

Steven Kline skline4 at verizon.net
Fri Jun 18 05:18:15 PDT 2010

Mike,

I am using the non-default display, selection 3 on the display menu, and in my exercise of cycling the radio on and off replicating the variable DSP BW issue, I did not have any problems with the correct display coming back up.  The earlier non-default screen came up okay.  Someone mentioned earlier that they had heard it might be necessary to sequentially perform the software upgrades.  I have never heard that and have often bounced back and forth between loads and or skipped loads to put implement the latest version.

I am rather certain that if that was a critical criteria TT would have covered that as a caveat similar to the need to perform a master re-set in certain scenarios.

I'll also keep an eye on the screen issue as well, but that looks good right now at my position.

Steve - W5JK