[TenTec] Bandwidth, Mode, Storage of values

Martin Ewing martin.s.ewing at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 08:13:06 PDT 2010

John,

This is amazingly helpful. I haven't verified it with my 565, but I assume
your explanation is correct!

The problem is, I'm thinking, that this behavior is not intuitive.  We
expect the Orion to remember the last settings, not the values when the band
or mode was last changed.

If we had more LCD space, we could hope for a better display of the state of
the band stacking registers.  If you could see what was in this memory at
any given moment, you would avoid some of this confusion.

I suppose we have to live with it.  It's probably too late to hope for a
fundamental change -- and it would lead to even more confusion if it was
attempted.

73
Martin AA6E

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 10:46 AM, Henry, John <jhenry at tentec.com> wrote:

> I've been watching the discussion on bandwidth getting saved, not
> getting saved, and can provide a few comments that might show why
> certain people are saying that these are working fine, and that others
> say they are broken.
>
> Two things to keep in mind.....
> 1 - Band Registers are only stored when the band or band register changes.
> 2 - Mode-Specific BW registers are only stored when the MODE is changed.

Dr. Martin S. Ewing, AA6E
Member IEEE, URSI, AAS, ARRL
Branford, Connecticut