[TenTec] Bandwidth, Mode, Storage of values

Gary Hoffman ghoffman at spacetech.com
Sat Jun 19 09:16:15 PDT 2010

Well John Henry has described exacty how it "works."  Whether this is
"wrong" or not depends on whether you agree with the design philosophy.

The idea implicity desscribed by John is that changes you may make in the
heat of battle are possibly  (likely ?) for the purpose of picking
out a specific station in specific circumstances.

It may not follow that you then want these settings to become your new
default.

You may have you defaults set to pick out "most" stations, under the "most
common" circumstances.

So you may want to later resume, using your usual defaults and not the
(possibly) temporary new settings.

If so, then the present sceme is just the ticket.  (Once you know that this
is how it works.)

So I'm not sure we want/need a change.  Or....maybe just a toggle to turn
this feature on/off....or to switch permanently from one sceme
to the other.

Personally I would not characterize the present scheme as "broken" or
"wrong" - but it was clearly misunderstood by many people.

John  has cleared up the misunderstanding part.

73 de Gary, AA2IZ