[TenTec] Low-pass filter?

Ken Simpson, W8EK W8EK at speakeasy.net
Mon Mar 1 13:18:12 PST 2010

If anyone needs a Drake TV-5200 LPF, I have one available.

Drake TV-5200-LP Low Pass Filter
This is the more modern version of the Drake TV-1000 Low Pass
Filter. This is the filter that may also be used on the low
end of six meters, as well as HF. It is good for 1000 Watts
average below 30 MHz, and about 200 W up to 52 MHz. It works
fine, and is in very nice shape. $35 plus shipping from Florida.

Thanks.

73,

Ken, W8EK

Ken Simpson
E-mail to W8EK at FLHam.net or W8EK at arrl.net
Voice Phone  (352) 732-8400

k0bx at arrl.net wrote, On 3/1/2010 3:57 PM:
> I have always had a Drake TV-3000-LP filter in line at my shack.
>
> Then I got a Icom IC-756PRO-3 transceiver.  It took me a few months
to understand why I never heard anything on 6 meters?  I knew me radio
had 6 meters, I paid for it and it should work!

> Never mind.  Seems that the LP filter cut off on receive and transmit
at 33 MHZ's.  I guess 6 meters is higher than that!

> So my suggestion don't use a LP filter if your radio has 6 meters
and you want to use it.
> Drake made a TV-5200-LP filter that would pass the 6 meter signals
but I have yet to find one at a Hamfest.