[TenTec] new amp

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at weather.net
Fri Mar 12 08:00:05 PST 2010

Tune for maximum output while watching the plate a grid currents.
maximum output should be rated output with proper plate and grid
currents. It is possible to tune a grounded grid PA for proper plate and
grid currents while achieving very little power gain. I've found that
tuning for maximum output while ignoring the plate and grid meters, I
had proper plate and grid currents when done. If you keep the drive down
a little and watch out for excessive currents the tubes will like it
better and last longer.

73, Jerry, K0CQ