[TenTec] Fw: Orion Loosing Memories

Arthur Lewis wa8vsj at ameritech.net
Sun Mar 21 19:26:55 PDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: Arthur Lewis
To: ten-Tec at contesting.com
Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2010 10:20 PM
Subject: Orion Loosing Memories

I have an Orion that is loosing memories every few days. When I turn the rig on all the settings are gone. I have changed the software from the beta back to 2062A, but the same thing happens. The settings are also lost in User 1. After resetting, the Orion works fine. Then a few days go by and when I turn it on the settings are gone. I use the rig every day, it seems to keep the settings for three or four days.

The rig was new in 2002. Could the internal battery be gone? How long should the battery last?

Art WA8VSJ