[TenTec] Troubleshooting Power amps in general

Phil Chambley Sr. k4dpk at comcast.net
Tue Mar 23 07:16:04 PDT 2010

I may be telling you something you already know, but a lot can be learned by
looking at the fuses when you remove them.

If the fuse body is blackened, and the inner link destroyed completely, it's
indicative of a catastrophic failure (short) and there is no point in trying
another fuse.

OTOH, if the fuse appears intact and you have to use a DVM to see if it's
open, there's a chance it's just a fatigue break.

Phil C. Sr.
k4dpk