[TenTec] Omni A - D Series B project

David Goncalves davegoncalves at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 15:38:57 PDT 2010

Just been working on a set just like yours:

 1)       Frequency display shows 9.000.0 or 1.000.0, on the 29.5, 29.0, AUX
> and 3.5 band positions with no TX or RX on these bands

Treat switches with DeOxit, see #3. Also try removing the crystals, wiping
with DeOxit, tweaking the sockets (just a little) and reinserting. Careful
with the order.

> 2)       The PTO will have to be rebuilt as tuning is super super slow.
> Never done one, but I believe TenTec still sells the kit still.

Yes they do. $35.

> 3)       Some scratchy pots ant switches are going to need some de-oxit

See the TenTec WIKI. DN5 followed by D5N Shield, has to be plastic safe. And
a little goes ALOOOONG way, believe me. And just a tiny tiny drop
of lubricant on the bandswitch detent mechanism.

> 4)       The band switch is somwhat stiff when going into the 29.0 and 29.5
> positions
>
> Prolly because the owner didn't go up there much. The detent lubrication
will help that.

Omni-D PTO removal: http://tentecwiki.org/doku.php?id=pto

They are great rigs, aren't they?

David Goncalves