[TenTec] Scout 555 MIC Gain Question...

Ben Hall kd5byb at kd5byb.net
Sun Mar 28 12:41:13 PDT 2010

Hi Bob,

Great suggestion!  I'd not thought that the Ten-Tec would be an
electret, but it is.  (Well, at least the one that came with it and the
desktop 707 are)  So I checked the voltage - 9.9 volts.  This is higher
than the +4 volts shown in the manual.  But a quick check of the
schematic shows that the mic voltage come from the regulated +10V line
thru a 680 ohm resistor.  So unloaded, it will be the full regulated
voltage...

thanks much,
ben

--