[TenTec] TenTec 243 VFO question

Dave w8drk at woh.rr.com
Mon Mar 29 18:00:12 PDT 2010

Hi, Gang:
I just purchased an Omni D, series B, and also received a model 243 VFO with it. Unfortunately, there were no manuals for either piece. I found, and downloaded, the manual for the Omni D on the TenTec website, but there is nothing listed for the 243. I was just wondering if someone could tell me what the 6 positions of the lower right hand switch are? I think they are various setups for the vfo (main VFO, outboard vfo, split, etc.), but would like to know the actual function of each position. If the rig checks out OK, (and so far it is checking out very well for a 30 year old rig!) I will probably order a manual for it at a later date.
Also, on a side note, I was wondering what microphones you have had good results with on the Omni D?
73: Dave
      W8DRK