[TenTec] Delta 580 for Young Ham

David Goncalves davegoncalves at gmail.com
Wed May 12 11:41:10 PDT 2010

I agree - I had tons of fun with a 'coat-pocket' SW reciever (with SSB
reception, of course). Listened to Howard Stern on the walk to school, Eric
in the Evening late in the night, and 75M AM on the weekend on only the whip
antenna. Picked up Radio New Zealand with my first longwire. I think I even
brought it with me on trips to Europe to listen to all that LW stuff. Used
it to find radio noise, as a peice of test equipment when I built my own
equipment.

A good small one, like a Sangean or Grundig, would be better appreciated. Is
the radio interest doesn't take, it's still a very nice radio.

David Goncalves
W1EUJ

 SO, why not just go for a receiver?  Yes, a nice multiband receiver.  That