[TenTec] Dad's "shack cleaning" - values?

Al Gulseth wb5jnc at centurytel.net
Fri May 14 19:10:27 PDT 2010

Greetings all,

As some of you may remember I've been helping to "downsize" my 94 y.o. dad's
ham gear due to his change in residence, so I have some of his Ten-Tec items
(along with some of my own) that I'd like to find a home for.. The issue I'm
encountering is that I'm not always sure what some of the "goodies" are
worth. What might the values and/or interest level in the following items be?
(I can send pics of individual items if that would help.)

1. Model 283 remote VFO for Delta - nice physical condition, but has been
sitting for probably 10 years so the PTO needs fresh lube. My best guess
(knowing dad and from what I remember on the VFO) he bought it, sent it to TT
for a checkup, possibly hooked it up and used it for a short time before it
went on a closet shelf when they made the spring or fall pilgrimage to the
other QTH. I'm not sure it was used again after that. There should be a
manual floating around here in another box somewhere. I'm unable to test it
as I don't have a Delta.

2. Model KR-20A single lever keyer, black/silver, minor scratches. Haven't
hooked it up to a rig to test actual keying, but it does work via the
sidetone generator.

3. Model KR-20 dual lever paddle, eggshell/light olive(?)/woodgrain, minor
scratches, right side panel has some holes drilled and a small speaker
installed inside for the sidetone. Haven't hooked it up to a rig to test
actual keying, but it does work via the sidetone generator.

4. Model 252G power supply, early production with 6 pin Jones connector,
black/silver, minor scratches. I believe it works but haven't tested to make
sure.

5. Model 227 antenna tuner, noticeable scratches (mostly on the top cover.)

6. Omni D/B, minor scratches and nicks. I haven't tested it fully, but the PTO
is stiff (probably from sitting) and the hundreds (xxXxx.x) digit doesn't
always come on (as per other posts on this reflector, pressing on the bezel
generally brings it to life, so it's probably a connector or solder issue.)
No optional filters installed. I did test it briefly at low power so I think
the TX chain is probably OK.

7. If memory serves me correctly there is also a NIB mobile mount for a Delta
580. (Just have to find the box it's in again....)

8. Not sure if it's Ten-Tec or not, but there's a looks to be new small black
(anodized/brushed?) aluminum mounting plate  (~ 5.5 x 7) that has several
sets of holes drilled in it. If this "rings a bell" for anyone as to what it
belongs to, please let me know, because I haven't been able to positively
identify it yet - and unfortunately, dad is to the point that he probably
wouldn't be able to remember what he bought it for or what it went with....

Any ideas on the value of these items? I can provide pics, more info, and some
operational tests if desired.

TNX/73, Al