[TenTec] Omni VI cw signals

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at weather.net
Mon May 17 08:23:30 PDT 2010

Dirty power supply connections can happen to every user. Perhaps a
regular cleaning interval is indicated, something like every year or
two. Accompanied by a drop of DeoxIT on the contact surfaces to clean
and delay the need for future cleaning.

Chirp from the voltage change at key closure might hint at a need for
better voltage regulation of some oscillator, perhaps with a voltage
regulator chip needing less head room than the LM34x or 78x families.
Though that much voltage drop probably also leads to a serious loss in
output power.

73, Jerry, K0CQ