[TenTec] Airpax

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at weather.net
Mon May 17 08:48:00 PDT 2010

Comparing the time and current curves for a fuse and the specified
circuit breaker, I concluded that a 15 amp ATC fuse from a reputable
maker, like Buss, is as fast as the breaker rated at 20 amps. And so I
use that 15 amp ATC to protect my Corsair II. I have blown a couple
fuses from tuning the tuner at full power brick on the key. No damage to
the Corsair II so far.

On 5/14/2010 9:12 PM, David Goncalves wrote:
> Won't fuses work?
>
> David Goncalves
> W1EUJ
>
> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 9:42 PM, James C. Owen, III<k4cgy_list at yahoo.com>wrote:
>
>>   Go to  http://www.pocosales.com/   You want the Airpax   Snapak
>> T11-0-20.0A-01-11C-V   This is the instant breaker however they are hard to
>> get and you might have to take the T11-1-20.0A-01-11C-V which is the fast
>> breaker. The fast is fine and that is what I use with my Jupiter. The
>> original one that TT sold was an instant 18.0A however they no longer make a
>> 18.0A but they do make a 17.5A. You will have to take what Poco has
>> otherwise you will have to make a special order of about 100 units! Once
>> again 20A will be fine as will fast break.
>> 73 Jim K4CGY

Actually there are many AirPax breakers that are appropriate. The one
specified has a particular mounting, handle, and handle color. The
critical items are the current rating and the time delay. All else is
optional and picking different packaging with the same current rating
and time delay will get the same results, though it won't necessarily be
exactly a TenTec 1140. Its been a couple years since I last looked but
there was good data on the Airpax web page describing the options. You
want zero delay, not fast delay.

73  Jerry, K0CQ