[TenTec] Agronaut Manual

Jim Vohland n9vo at hotmail.com
Tue May 18 13:57:26 PDT 2010

First off, I would like to thank the serval who have offered information in my quest to get the 505 back on the air. I just obtained this little gem at Dayton this past weekend. My first project is to get the dial string rewound. I downloaded the manual from the ten tec obsolete manuals area and have discovered that the download has the wrong instructions for rewinding the dial. Page 3-1 gives the procedure and refers to a "spring" and how to re-cord with the spring. Only thing is, the 505 does not have a spring. It uses a combination of stretch cord and dacron.

Does anyone have a manual for the 505 with the correct procedure. Just would like to read it.

Hopefully the downloaded manual has the correct information for realigning. That will be next.