[TenTec] headsets

Jim Brown K9YC k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue May 25 11:29:16 PDT 2010

On Tue, 25 May 2010 14:12:48 -0400, Richards wrote:

>and you NEED to have the proper resister, capacitor,
>etc., in the circuit to use an electret condenser mic with the rig,

You need only a 1/10W 5.6K resistor from +VDC to the mic output lead,
and it can be fitted into most ham mic connectors. A capacitor is NOT
needed. I havent seen the input circuits of current Ten Tec rigs, but
its childs play to do that with an Omni V, and with most other rigs
built in the last 25 years.

Adjusting the mic gain is also childs play -- you need to do it.

No question that those $300 headsets are more robust. Ya pays yer
money and ya takes yer choice. :)

73,

Jim K9YC