[TenTec] Ten-Tec rebranding

Ron Notarius W3WN wn3vaw at verizon.net
Tue May 25 19:04:28 PDT 2010

A quick internet search a few days ago on the HB-1A revealed K1HAH's web
site (see http://k1hah.net/HB-1A-MK-II.html).  He mentions on that page that
sometime at the end of April, he lost contact with the Canadian distributor,
who's "the manufacturer's brother" (BD4RG?)

So I'm speculating here, that sometime earlier this year or last year,
someone at Ten-Tec became acquainted with the rig and decided to pursue the
manufacturing deal that we now see in place.  It's very possible, and again
I'm speculating, that part of the deal was that Ten-Tec would become the
exclusive distributor... or that they're doing a run of rigs for Ten-Tec
first before resuming other equipment... or the HB-1A will be replaced by
something else by BD4RG after the production run for T-T is done, for now.
You pays your money, you takes your chances.

This may be the start of a trend.  This may be a one-shot deal. Let's wait
and see what happens once the production rigs start hitting our ham shacks,
and then we can deal in fact, not speculation.  Just saying.

73, ron w3wn