[TenTec] (no subject)

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Mon Nov 1 11:59:12 PDT 2010

Excellent advice, I think.

I like to take the instruction manual for each rig and read how to do
the top seven things I might have to do with knobs, buttons, etc., and
see which one seems easier, or more intuitive, or just more to my
liking.  That is one of the reason I selected the Omni VII - it has one
simple menu list.  I like the Multiknob which is kinda unique in that it
does A LOT of different things, and I quickly got used to going to it.
A single knob for practically everything seems really straightforward
for me now.   I can, however, see how another operator, steeped in a
different operating tradition, might hate it.

My wife liked the look of the Omni VII over the other rigs... that
helped me decide, too.     ;-)

All the factors in Rick's post are good ones to consider.

Frankly, I kinda like the look of the Kenwood rig, and its specs, but my
experience with TenTec has been so good, I wonder if I would buy another
brand at this point.  I also have good experiences with Kenwood radios
as I own bot the R-2000 and R-5000 - but the TenTec experience has been
so good I now tend to discount other rigs out of hand.  Not an objective
thing, but there it is.

Great fun... buying a new radio !  Savor and enjoy the ride.