[TenTec] What Model Ten-Tec Rig Do I Need ?

Edward Feustel efeustel at hughes.net
Tue Nov 2 14:04:08 PDT 2010

On 2:59 PM, Stuart Rohre wrote:
> CW operating is so subjective, what rig is fine for my occasional CW
> is probably not for the constant CW user.  You should find someone who
> has any models you are considering, and try them out.
>
> The "feel" of the controls is vital to me for any rig.  Personally, I
> love my Argonaut V at 20 watts.  My Scout at 50 watts, but am looking
> at the Eagle for a new rig.
> I am more of a casual operator, with Field Day being my main "contest".
>
> Each Ten Tec owner may have similar views toward a favorite model(s).
>
> Stuart Rohre
> K5KVH

I think one should consider a used Orion (565) if you like large knobs
with an excellent front end.
Ham Radio Deluxe even gives an excellent computer interface if you wish
to use point and click and
a digital interface that will do CW or about any digital mode of
interest. It will do the job on all but 6 meters and costs less than
half of a similarly equipped Orion II (566). Of course it does not have
a color display and uses the old style filters. If the newer stuff plus
a longer warranty is worth the additional $1800+ and you like large
knobs, then consider an Orion 2.

Ed, N5EI