[TenTec] Paragon II 586 keyer

Tom Mandera tsm1 at tmcom.com
Fri Nov 5 12:53:10 PDT 2010

> Message: 9
> Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 09:21:55 -0400
> From: "Bob Good" <k4bg at planters.net>
> Subject: Re: [TenTec] WTB: Paragon II
> To: "N4PY2" <n4py2 at earthlink.net>,	"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment"
> 	<tentec at contesting.com>
>
> Not Quite the same,  the older Paragon still does not have a built in
> keyer..............  73,  Bob K4BG

My first radio (and still the one that gets the most use) is a TT Paragon
II 586.  I'm happy with it.  I greatly prefer it to the IC706 (except when
mobile, of course) and the extra knobs (and features that go with 'em)
over the TT Scout that I also own also gives it the edge in the shack (and
again, the simpler Scout gets the nod when mobile or /p).

My biggest complaint has been my lack of complaints - I can't justify
buying a shiny new rig. :D

I was unaware of the internal keyer - I'm going to have to look closer at
the manual.

The 586 also sports the FM board standard, which is probably only
particularly use if someone wants to use a transverter on VHF or UHF.

-Tom
ke7vux