[TenTec] 960 Power Supply Question

Ben Hall kd5byb at kd5byb.net
Sat Nov 6 05:57:28 PDT 2010

Good morning all,

I use a Ten-Tec 960 power supply to power my Paragon.  The unit gets
rather warm, almost hot.  I can still put my hand on the top of the case
and hold it there, so it isn't terribly hot.

I've been using a little muffin fan to blow air across the unit, from
the left side to the right.  This keeps it quite cool.

I got to thinking this morning - is my fan a band-aid for a problem I
should fix?  So I thought I'd ask to see if these just run a little warm.

As to the Paragon - I really like the rig.  Does everything I need it to
do and isn't so complicate that I need the manual all the time.  Yes,
the pots do need some attention now and then, or they get scratchy.

thanks much and 73,
ben, kd5byb