[TenTec] Fw: Argosy 525 offset for CW ...issues

Mike Hyder -N4NT- Mike_N4NT at charter.net
Sat Nov 13 22:03:47 PST 2010

There was a mistake in the Argosy manual about aligning the carrier
oscillator frequencies.  In my 525D manual for the Argosy II on page 3-18 in
the section "Carrier Oscillator Alignment" step 4.) is incorrect.  It ought
to read as follows:

4.) Set the MODE switch to SB-N and adjust C3 for a frequency of 9.00000
MHz.

(Note that the original text "...adjust C2..." is incorrect.)  I believe
this may well account for the problem you are having with your offset tuning
control.

Free but unrelated advice:  There is a 9MHz trap in that rig.  Unless the
sun comes up in the West, don't mess with it!!

Again, please advise your success or lack thereof.

73, Mike N4NT