[TenTec] Orion I, reduced output power ???

Roland Anders roland.anders at comcast.net
Sun Nov 14 12:21:30 PST 2010

I have a similar problem with my Orion I, but the problem is not noticeable
on bands below 18 mhz.  As I turn up the power toward 100, the power meter
does a little hiccup and then the red ALC light goes out, and power doesn't
increase as I turn the multi knob further.  Also, I have distorted audio,
and the speech processor is very distorted, and also reduces power output
when turned on.