[TenTec] Scout S-Meter Fail (nitpick follow-up)

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at weather.net
Mon Nov 15 13:43:08 PST 2010

Most analog meters are linear. But they can be made with nonlinear
results, like the movement for a thermocouple ammeter has varying pole
piece gaps to vary the sensitivity as the armature moves.

Generally because of a logarithmic control of the gain controlled stages
an S-meter showing AGC voltage comes up logarithmic with a linear movement.

If you don't like the linear display after you have tried it, you can
modify the voltage going to he input with biased diodes to load it
differently at different voltages.

73, Jerry, K0CQ