[TenTec] 4229 Tuner Balun Replacement?

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at weather.net
Tue Nov 16 13:07:28 PST 2010

Overnight I came up with a concept for a single band Link coupled tuner
made entirely of small coax like RG-6 or RG-58 that could be so simple
and low cost to construct that the user could build one for each band
and antenna adjusting the match once and leaving it. Swapping out via a
BNC connector on the rig side and something like twin banana plugs on
the twinlead side could a lot faster than dialing in presets on a
multiband tuner using less commonly available variable capacitors. I
need to prove the concept works by building some before I say more.

73, Jerry, K0CQ