[TenTec] OT

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Nov 18 15:16:37 PST 2010

On 11/18/2010 2:23 PM, Steve Hunt wrote:
>   I am unconvinced that this is not a good solution.

Study what Steve and I have written independently about this. His on the
link he posted recently, and mine in my RFI tutorial.  There is no
question that a high resistive impedance is a far better solution than
pure reactance, which is what that coil of coax approximately is.  While
this has not been well known in the ham community, it has been well
known by those who make and use ferrite chokes for suppression for at
least 60 years.  I've found references that old to it in publications.

73, Jim K9YC