[TenTec] best power supply for Orion II and other items

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Sun Nov 21 16:20:38 PST 2010

Gentlemen -

1)  How I know if RF from my Omni VII was causing problems with my
Astron RS-35M linear type power supply ?  Would it show up as an
anomalous readout on one or both meters?   What if I had the model
without any meters - how would one tell ?

2)  Could RF be getting into it from other gear not even powered by it -
say, by a 2 meter mobile used in the shack as a base rig for local
repeater work?

3)  How could one tell if a "current"  (pun intended)  Model RX-35M is
grounded as described ?   Is there an easy to identify spot on the power
supply's schematic diagram ?  (I am a rookie at this, but might be able
to trace it with some local assistance or description here...)  Or would
one just contact Astron and ask ?  (...which is easy enough, but I am
trying to learn to use what info is already at hand...)

Thanks in advance.

On 11/21/2010 4:47 PM, Mike Hyder -N4NT- wrote:

> The 35 amp linear Astron supplies used a floating output....

the Astron supply is good but if the negative
> output post is not grounded to the cabinet/chassis then RF
energy gets into the regulator circuitry...