[TenTec] OT: Indoor Antenna

Rick - NJ0IP / DJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Mon Nov 29 16:02:10 PST 2010

I don't agree with that at all Jim.
I think there is indeed a justification for stealth antennas.

If nobody detects it, it doesn't bother anyone and everyone is happy.  No
damage done at all.
If you make it too conspicuous, and they tell you to take it down and you
do, then you're still not a bad guy.

The real culprit, the one who gives us a bad name, is the guy who lives in
the middle of town in a postage stamp size lot and fills every single square
inch with an antenna of some kind.
Even as a ham, I find it disgusting and feel it diminishes the value of
other houses in the neighborhood.

When I have moved, I have always first made good friends with my neighbors,
over time I informed them of my hobby, and then began with a simple antenna.
I even invited them to help me build thing like installing a tower, and
showed them how it worked.  Of course you can only do this for the immediate
neighbors and it only takes one bad apple to spoil it.

If you have a tree, and some thin copper wire, you have an antenna.
If you don't have a tree, plant one!

73
Rick