[TenTec] Omni VII

CSM(r) Gary Huber glhuber at msn.com
Fri Oct 1 12:02:02 PDT 2010

John,

I think the easiest way is to contact TenTec and ask for the cables for the AUX Receiver modification for the 588. (No soldering or drilling required) Then purchase a FLEX 1500 (or similar multiband SDR).

Hook up the SDR (receive only) to the 588's AUX Antenna terminals (formerly the two spare phono jacks on the rear of the 588) and control both with DXLab Commander.

The FLEX 1500 will provide a 48 kHz wide real time Panadapter.

Doesn't get much easier; no soldering, no drilling, no programming although a computer and screen are needed to display the Panadapter.

73,

Gary - AB9M