[TenTec] Omni VI+ sharp?

Dave Edwards kd2e at comcast.net
Fri Oct 1 14:30:48 PDT 2010

My Omni VI+ has all filter slots full. And as I recall....favored towards the CW side.
Anyway...just by tuning, does not seem to be near as sharp on the tightest setting as ..well...anything else
in my shack.
Rather than find a signal, and count the ticks of the 100's hz digit 'till I can't hear the signal anymore, would one of those
spectrum analyzer PC sound card programs do the trick?
I mean...it doesn't seem even as sharp as the old TS520 with its' cw filter...or my SB303 for that matter.
Perhaps something is amiss.

Thanks for your thoughts!

.....Dave