[TenTec] Auto Tuners

Vic Klein vhklein at ptd.net
Sun Oct 3 05:33:19 PDT 2010

I have an LDG Z-100 autotuner I have used for years with my Paragon. It
works well, but with a caveat: reduce power before tuning. This tuner is
rated at 125 watts, but that assumes the driving rig will reduce power on
high SWR and , of course, Ten Tec radios do not. It is simple enough,
though, to turn the drive (or RF Power in my case) back to a very low
setting, then hit the tune button on the tuner to get the match, then crank
the drive back up to normal. It allows me to match virtually anything on the
160M Windom I typically use. I do not use (nor need) a tuner on my linear
amp as it has a very effective Pi-Net output stage that will match virtually
anything by itself.

=Vic=
WA4THR