[TenTec] 28.5 band switch on Omni D

Ivin Flint ivinflint at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 10 13:02:43 PDT 2010

I have a Omni D series C.  The 28.5 position on the band switch isn't working.  All the rest do and I have used this radio for several years daily.  I haven't tried to go to 28.5 in quite a long time.  I sprayed the contact swiper on the inside of the radio with contact cleaner which didn't hurt a thing, but didn't fix my problem.  This doesn't seem serious and things are fine except for this.  I don't have a lot of knowledge on radio repair but I would appreciate a little help if someone has some simple advice for me to fix it myself.

BTW: I still find this radio such a COOL Classic radio with a FANTASTIC receiver!
Thanks, Ivin W9ILF