[TenTec] Orion resets at every power up

Rick W ve7tk at yahoo.ca
Sat Oct 16 10:20:46 PDT 2010

Check out:

      http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/TenTec/2009-08/msg00024.html

It looks like the xtal is NOT used.  I know - I asked the same  question?

 73,
Rick
VE7TK

Website: http://www.ve7tk.com

----- Original Message -----  From: "Martin Sole" <hs0zed at csloxinfo.com> To:
"'N4PY2'" <n4py2 at earthlink.net>; "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'"
<tentec at contesting.com> Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2010 10:06 AM Subject: RE:
[TenTec] Orion resets at every power up   > There's a battery? Who'd have
thought. I know it says battery failure when > doing a RAM clear but had assumed
(ha) it was just a way of saying that  > the > process had taken place. Maybe
standard device text. > > So where is the battery? Not on the CPU/DSP board.
What is it's function? > Which schematic is it on? Coin cell? What expected
life? Hopefully  > changing > requires no special procedure. Who knows?
Questions questions??!! > > Thanks > Martin, HS0ZED