[TenTec] Question for techies

Ray Sills raysills at comcast.net
Sun Oct 31 14:23:56 PDT 2010

Of course, that's the comment by -one- reviewer.  Sometimes these
issues are really opinions.. one person may like, another may not.
Differences between the performance level of various radios will
certainly be related to the cost of the radio.  I'm sure they are all
built to a price point.  To add more capability, or performance, you
usually have to spend more.  And you then get to the usual trade-
offs: fewer high performance radios vs. more lesser performing units,
but more market share.

The IC7700 costs 3 times the amount of an Eagle.  Is the DNR 3 times
better?  I doubt it.  There is often a point of diminishing returns
for performance.  Engineers make things "good enough"... for the price.

73 de Ray
K2ULR