[TenTec] Ten Tec Power Supplies

Hulett, Russell rhulett1 at consolidated.net
Fri Sep 3 04:53:17 PDT 2010

I owned a TT PS for awhile, but it had a single pass transistor without the OVP module ( crowbar ), so fear of putting 25 VDC into the rig from a 30-year old transistor failing caused me to never use the thing.  For awhile I contemplated building a crowbar, but ended up selling the PS, now use a switching supply with meters and just keep the current levels below the danger point.

When did Ten-Tec start incorporating OVP ( and/or dual pass transistors )into their power supplies?  Which models are "safe" from the destroying the powered device because of single-component failure?  So far, I've avoided buying any TT power supplies because am never sure which of them are "safe".

73, Curt KB5JO