[TenTec] Omni D issue

tubsc66 at aol.com tubsc66 at aol.com
Fri Sep 10 15:43:57 PDT 2010

Hello everyone, my Omni D has developed an issue that puzzles me (not hard to do...:), it has developed a
high-swr issue that none of my other rigs have (I have other TT's and riceboxes), same antenna, autotuner
and feedline. The autotuner is unable to find a match unless the output is very low. When releasing the
mic (PTT),  there is a delay in the receive signal coming back to full strength, it is
accompanied by a "click", which must be the T/R relay sticking. Could the relay cause such an
issue? I thought swr issues were dependant on the antenna, not the radio. Anyway, I'd like to
fix it, any thoughts out there? Thanks!

73's

Chris  KC5IIE