[TenTec] Orion I sweep function and firmware versions

art davis n4uc at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 13 21:07:45 PDT 2010

I just installed 2.062Xg and notice that a sweep function on/off selector has been added in the RX menu. This is in addition to the original button on the side of the display screen. Their operation appears to resemble that of a 3-way light switch. Is there a reason for having two switches to turn the sweep on and off? The one in the RX menu replaced the sweep frequency width selector. I'd rather have that back instead of 2 on/off switches.

Are 2.062 and 2.063 the only firmware versions available for download on the internet? I'd like to try some of the interim versions to see if I could get rid of all the DSP popping in the audio.

Art
N4UC