[TenTec] The Eagle

Rick - NJ0IP / DJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Sat Sep 25 17:07:30 PDT 2010

Barry, if you don't purchase any options for the K3, then it is a fair
comparison.
Granted, the K3 has a few more knobs.  Some not used and others rarely used.

I predict performance will be just slightly better than an Omni VI with an
Inrad front-end filter.

By leaving off AM, FM, and noise limiter, you do not need a wide filter on
the front.
By coming straingt into the 9MHZ 2.4 kHz or narrower filter, you can get
great performance at low cost.
You also lose a bit of performance on the general coverage RX.  So what!

Outstanding product and exactly what several of us were urging Ten-Tec to
build about 8 years ago when the OM7 was on the design board.

This radio will give Ten-Tec a boost in market share, and rightly so.
Finally someone is just focusing on the basics (besides elecraft of course)
and building a darn good transceiver at a fair price.

73
Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: tentec-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com]
On Behalf Of Barry N1EU
Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2010 6:06 PM
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment
Subject: Re: [TenTec] The Eagle

I'm just not getting the comparison with the K3 at all.  The Eagle
looks to be a no bells and whistles basic radio with a single
excellent receiver.  I see its significance MUCH more as what is going
to follow on from it, with the technology TT is demonstrating that
they have newly developed in-house.

As far as the K3 comparison, just look at the two rear panels
side-by-side:  http://n1eu.com/rearpanels.jpg
There's a limit to how much TT will cram into that one ACC1 connector

73, Barry N1EU