[TenTec] The Eagle

Art Trampler atrampler at att.net
Sun Sep 26 06:49:46 PDT 2010

Nicely done Rick.

I will add that while it did not bend the rules, the Omni VI maintained
down-conversion architecture, which is one reason it offers no GC receive
capability. With an Inrad filter before the 9mhz IF amplifier, it offers
close-in blocking dynamic range that is nearly on par with the best new rigs
out there, albeit with very limited noise abatement.

I want to try one of the newer rigs in my city-QTH to see what happens when
you mix state of the art DSP noise reduction with down-conversion
technology.

So long live the Omni VI for those who don’t want GC receive in their ham
rig.

Art, KØRO